Bayesian Analysis of a Renamed Failur Model and its Order Statistics: A Mathematical Study
Shradha Dwivedi1, Sabir Ali Siddiqui2, Peeyush Dwivedi3 and Sanjay Jain4
1Department of Information and Technology, University of Technology and Applied Sciences, UTAS, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman.
2Department of Mathematics and Sciences, CAAS, Dhofar University, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman.
3Department of Business Studies, University of Technology and Applied Sciences, UTAS, Salalah, Sultanate of Oman.
4Department of Statistics, St. John's College, Agra, India.
Abstract: The present paper deals in Bayesian analysis of the new distribution which is renamed here as SD-distribution. Bayesian estimates of the expected life, reliability function, hazard rate function is studied mathematically for the distribution, which is already established as a failure model. Similarly Bayesian estimates for the order statistics is also found here. The scale and shape parameters had been considered as random variables separately with certain prior distribution for the purpose of Bayesian estimation.
Keywords: SD Distribution, Reliability function, Hazard rate function, Prior distribution, Posterior distribution.
Cite this article as: Shradha Dwivedi, Sabir Ali Siddiqui, Peeyush Dwivedi and Sanjay Jain, Bayesian Analysis of a Renamed Failur Model and its Order Statistics: A Mathematical Study, Int. J. Math. And Appl., vol. 9, no. 2, 2021, pp. 55-62.References
- S. K. Bhattacharya, Bayesian approach to life testing and reliability estimation, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 62(317)(1967), 48-62.
- S. Dwivedi, S. A. Sidiquui, P. Dwivedi and I. Sidiquui, Study of a Power function as a Failure model: Its' statistical and mathematical properties, Bullaitin of Mathematics and Statistics Research, 2(7)(2019), 26-35.
- S. Dwivedi, S. A. Siddiqui and P. Dwivedi, Study of Order Statistics of New Distribution, IOSR journals of Mathematics, 15(2019), 35-63.
- S. Dwivedi and S. A. Siddiqui, Bayes, estimator of Scale parameter of Size-Biased Mukherjii-Islam (SBMID) BY Lindley’s Approach, International Journal of Agriculture and Statistical Sciences, 13(2)(2017), 753-758.
- S. A. Siddiqui and S. Kumar, Bayesian estimation of reliability function and hazard rate, Microelectronics Reliability, 31(1)(1991), 53-57.
- S. A. Siddiqui and S. Mishra, Reliability analysis of a finite range failure model, Microelectronics Reliability, 35(5)(1995), 859-862.
- S. A. Siddiqui, S. Jain and R. K. Chauhan, Bayesian analysis of reliability and hazard rate function of a mixture model, Microelectronics Reliability, 37(6)(1997), 935-941.
- S. A. Siddiqui, S. Dwivedi, P. Dwivedi and M. Alam, Beta exponentiated Mukherjii-Islam distribution: Mathematical study of different properties, Global J. Pure Appl. Math., 12(1)(2016), 951-964.
- S. A. Siddiqui, S. Dwivedi, P. Dwivedi and I. Siddiqui, Development of Size-Biased MUKHERJEE-ISLAM Distribution, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, 107(2)(2016), 505-515.
- P. Setiya, V. Kumar and M. Pande, Bayesian estimation of shape parameter in Pareto type II distribution, International Journal of Agricultural and Statistical Sciences, 11(1)(2015), 111-115.
- S. K. Sinha and J. A. Sloan, Bayes estimation of the parameters and reliability function of the 3-parameter Weibull distribution, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, 37(4)(1988), 364-369.